cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Daughters devices aren’t appearing in the connected/disconnected devices list on the app

Go to solution

I had my daughters PS4 and iPhone renamed on my devices list so I could clearly see when she was online and therefore “pause” her connections at the appropriate times. Today she’s been sat on her PS4 all day and I’ve noticed neither of her devices appear in either of the connected nor disconnected devices list on the BT app.

Has she found a way to bypass this to stop me pausing her access? If so is there a way to reverse whatever she may have done so o have control again?

FYI she’s 24 and has Aspergers so “just setting ground rules/explain she can’t be on it constantly” aren’t helpful answers.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Daughters devices aren’t appearing in the connected/disconnected devices list on the app

Go to solution

She could be using her iPhone as a wifi hotspot and connecting her PS4 through that. This will bypass your home network all together because she will be using the mobile network to connect.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: Daughters devices aren’t appearing in the connected/disconnected devices list on the app

Go to solution

I thought that might be the case but our mobile reception is terrible here so she’s definitely not doing that as we get 1 bar of 3G at best 😂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Also, I should have stated, her phone isn’t showing in the list either so I’d assume that would also mean she’s not using it as a hotspot for the wifi?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Unless I am mistaken, the easiest way of her reversing what you did to stop her access would be to carry out a factory reset of the BT hub.

If you check the hubs logs it may show if this has been done. ie there will be no logs prior to the date it was reset. You would also see if any of her devices have been connected albeit not by the name you gave them but by their MAC address.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Factory reset the hub. Remember to turn off Smart Setup again afterwards.

Post crossed with @@gg30340 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@OlliVR6 wrote:

Also, I should have stated, her phone isn’t showing in the list either so I’d assume that would also mean she’s not using it as a hotspot for the wifi?

If she is using her phone as a hotspot, as I said, she will not be using your BT network, she will be connecting to the mobile phone network using its connection. The phone turns this into a hotspot that her PS4 will connect to and nothing will show up on your BT network.

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Yep that’s what she’s done!! So it’s wiped the custom names I’d given her devices so it looked like they weren’t showing! Thanks mate!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

The only way to prevent that happening again will be to lock the hub in a cupboard so that she does not have access to it it or at the least not until she has forced the cupboard open.