Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Deco M9 Plus

Hi,

Just installed a Deco M9 plus mesh with a Dray Tek vigor 130. I have not touched the 130 as it seems to be fine with the default settings (unless anyone knows different) for BT fiber. The M9’s (I have 4 to cover the house) also setup fine with everything up and running in under 5 mins. 

The question is ipv6 is not enabled and I don’t know the settings, does anyone know? Also one PC is jittering every 2 mins going from 10ms to 3000ms and back to 10 again, any ideas for this as well?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Deco M9 Plus

Hi again,

Can anyone answer the previous question? I have tried multiple different settings to get IPv6 up and running but the M9 crashes every time and needs a full hard reset. Any help or suggestions welcome as this is driving me mad! My previous Archer AC2800 "just worked" as soon as I enabled IPv6 on the WAN.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

BT use /56 Prefix delegation for IPv6, not all vendors support that, most only support /64PD.

What are the configurable options you have for IPv6?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I have the following Options

IPv6 : Enable or Disable toggle

IPv6 connection type : Dynamic IP, PPPoE, 6t04 Tunnel or Bridge

Dynamic IP > Get IPv6 Address : Stateful or Stateless and Obtain DNS Automatically Yes/No 

PPPoE> Use Same Account as IPv4 Yes/No,  Get IPv6 Address : Stateful or Stateless and Obtain DNS Automatically Yes/No 

6to4 Tunnel> Obtain DNS Automatically Yes/No 

Bridge> Bridge Yes/No

I can enter DNS if Yes is selected

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@Garadiff wrote:

I have the following Options

IPv6 : Enable or Disable toggle

Enable

IPv6 connection type : Dynamic IP, PPPoE, 6t04 Tunnel or Bridge

PPPoE

Dynamic IP > Get IPv6 Address : Stateful or Stateless and Obtain DNS Automatically Yes/No 

Stateless/Yes

PPPoE> Use Same Account as IPv4 Yes/No,  Get IPv6 Address : Stateful or Stateless and Obtain DNS Automatically Yes/No 

Yes/Stateless/Yes

6to4 Tunnel> Obtain DNS Automatically Yes/No 

N/A 6to4 tunneling is a method of using IPv6 when native IPv6 isn't available, it just tunnels the IPv6 connection via IPv4

Bridge> Bridge Yes/No

No

I can enter DNS if Yes is selected

But it may still not work if the device doesn't support /56PD

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Tried all the settings, but when applying I lose WiFi connection and when reconnecting it says wrong WiFi password? How would enabling IPv6 setting mess with the WiFi password. Just to be clear everything on the network gets booted off, I then have to hard reset the main Deco as I can no longer access the network. Any thoughts, might just bite the bullet and send the Deco back and get the Orbi as speaking to Netgear they have confirmed it now supports /56?

0 Ratings