cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drakawbo
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Desktop PC won’t connect to BT home hotspot / hub

Recently I purchased a powerful desktop PC, and put it directly below my BT home hotspot downstairs, however, the connection on it is extremely weak (barely a bar!) and sometimes does not work, unlike all my other devices which display 3 bars in that area. What should I do to improve it?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Desktop PC won’t connect to BT home hotspot / hub

Welcome to this user forum.

Connect it to the home hotspot using one of the Ethernet connections on the home hotspot, to the Ethernet port on the PC. Its a waste of a desktop computer if you are going to connect it using wireless.

Did you clone the BT Home Hub wireless settings?

0 Ratings
Drakawbo
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Yes, I cloned my wireless settings, however, the BT home hotspot works best where it is now, as down here it will not work properly
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Cloning the home hub settings does not work properly. I would start again, and this time use the separate SSID that the hotspots transmit, do not clone the home hub settings.

Cloning the settings simply confuses wireless devices, and you cannot tell which one they will connect to. The weak signal can simply mean its connected to the home hub, not the hotspot.

If the hotspot has its own SSID, then you can see whether you are connected to it.