cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Devices disconnect randomly

Go to solution

Out of the blue devices are randomly stopping with no internet connection error message, despite continuing to have a strong connection to the Smart Hub WIFI connection. Other devices still connected at the same time are not impacted, and continue work as normal. In the past, my HP printer would occasionally not connect and I would have to restart the router to resolve, but now the same thing is happening regularly on other devices such as mobile phones, Amazon Alexa, Amazon TV Firestick. It does not seem to have happened yet on Desktop PC's though. It's got to the stage where I am now having to regularly restart the Smart Hub to reconnect a device 😞

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Devices disconnect randomly

Go to solution

If you haven't already, give the two WiFi bands separate SSIDs & then monitor if it's only happening on one band or both.

Also download a WiFi analyser to check for competing WiFi networks from neighbours. You may need to set the WiFi channels manually for least congestion.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@supineday 

Unfortunately the only way to fix this issue is with a factory reset of the home hub. Its run out of internal connections and a normal restart will not fix it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you. I assume I can do the factory reset through the admin console connection or can it be done with button sequence? (I'll need to remember how to do this) I guess the factory restart means going through some start up process, but it will be worth it if it solves the problem. Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-settings

It should not take much longer than a normal restart. All it does it to replace the config file with a factory default value, there is no change to the internal software.

Wireless name and password are reset to the initial value as shown on the home hub, so if you have changed it for any reason, you will have to put it back to your chosen values.

0 Ratings