cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quantum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Devices keep swapping connectivity

Since a power cut the other day our Wi-Fi has been dropping in and out on our various device - iPad, tablet, pc, laptop, Android phone smart tv, now tv.

One minute one or two will work and the others wont. The next one or two will stop connecting. All the time we have a blue light on our home hub 5 but it will often say disconnected or cannot connect to internet. 

I've gone through all bt help and reset the hub and they've reset from their end. 

My Android phone seems to be the one that drops more often, to the point it was  unusable today.

Am wondering if there is some kind of conflict? Maybe my phone is upsetting things?

Am at wits end!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Devices keep swapping connectivity

Did you factory reset the hh5?  If so did you then turn off smart setup?  Did you also try splitting the 2.4/5ghz networks and selecting the wifi channels manually rather than leave on smart 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

As has been mentioned, if you have factory reset your hub make sure you turn off "Smart Set Up".

You should also restart your mobile devices and if that doesn't help you should "forget" the wireless connection on your devices and then restart the device and remake the connection to the hub.

0 Ratings
quantum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I've rebooted the hub. They've reset it remotely. I've split the 2.4 and 5ghz. I've turned off smart setup. I haven't done a factory reset of hub. Is this done in the hub manager? Do you think this will work.

Have you ever heard of this happening? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@quantum wrote:

I've rebooted the hub. They've reset it remotely. I've split the 2.4 and 5ghz. I've turned off smart setup. I haven't done a factory reset of hub. Is this done in the hub manager? Do you think this will work.

Have you ever heard of this happening? 

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then

turn off smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Finally

Also try separating and renaming the SSIDs.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

0 Ratings
quantum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Oh right  I did do this by pressing the button, but maybe for not quite long enough. Maybevill try again. Thanks 

0 Ratings
quantum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

ok so, it did finally work and I cancelled the engineer request I had. Then the next day he came anyway. He tested all and found a very old adsl socket that he replaced. Also he disconnected 5kHz and said our old house would be served better with 2.4kHz. All seems much more stable and we have better range now.
0 Ratings
Stu_H
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Did the engineer point out an issue with the 5ghz channels?  I wonder if your router had an issue with the 5ghz channel as routers hate spikes and power cuts. 

0 Ratings