cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Devices on 5Ghz unable to contact 2.4Ghz (sonos and printing)

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I have problems with Sonos devices and printing on the home network with SH2 on firmware v0.26.03.01286-BT if I have devices distributed across 5 and 2.4 ghz bands.

I understand there is a new firmware available for this, how do I get it please?

Thanks, C

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Devices on 5Ghz unable to contact 2.4Ghz (sonos and printing)

Go to solution

the new firmware is being rolled out to everyone and update will be automatic

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/05/broadband-isp-bt-deploys-fix-for-smart-hub-2-router-wi...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Does anyone know if there is a way to force the hub to update sooner...or maybe know what the new version number is so we can check the update has happened?

This issue of connectivity has flared up again recently for me, and am keen to see if this the root cause

cheers

mike

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You can't force an update sooner but you could post on this thread and ask if the mods could add you to the list.

The updated version is v0.26.04.04227-BT

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

There is a fix for this that I've used for my sonos system. I connected a speaker directly to the router thus creating a sonosnet meshed network dedicated to sonos devices. Never had the 2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz band issue since. I even have a Sonos Move speaker (only uses 5Ghz band) and this is fully networked with the other sonos speakers.

FYI I have 8 sonos speakers fully networked.

If you're  still using sonos 1, you can buy a sonos bridge (doesn't work on sonos 2 system) for £4 on eBay and use that to create the Sonosnet network.

Yes, BT needs to fix the issue, but this is a reliable workaround.