Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanesh
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Devices randomly lose the Wi-Fi connection

Hi,

I have BT Hub 5A with firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2. Since last few week, the devices randomly lose the Wi-Fi connection. For example, a laptop which was connected to Wi-fi and working for many hours will not reconnect to the Wi-Fi after hibernating for 30 minutes or so. I will have to restart the hub in order get the laptop connected to Wi-Fi. The next time it may be the phone which will lose the Wi-Fi connection. Any idea of the cause?

Regards, Kanesh

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Devices randomly lose the Wi-Fi connection

Reset the home hub to factory default, that should clear out the DHCP table, and allow connection. Its a very common issue with all of the BT Home Hubs where old IP allocations do not get flushed.

0 Ratings
kanesh
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi Keith,

Thank you. I have done a factory reset. But the devices connected to the 2GHz are still dropping the connection and I have to restart the hub in order for the device to connect. The devices connected to 5GHz does not suffer from this problem.

The devices, which lose the connection, work fine on other Wifi network without any issues for days (e.g. in hotel).

Regards, Kanesh

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

My hh5 is exactly the same. Always losing WiFi. Currently in process of replacing it to a tplink one that I know Will be trouble free.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings