cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Devices randomly losing internet connectivity

Hey,

I have a SmartHub2 with a 3 disc whole home wifi setup, and recently (last few weeks) devices keep losing connectivity. I either have to turn the discs/hub off and on again weekly, or turn the wifi on and off on the device.

The symptoms are the device is on the network so wifi is connected, and looking at the app the device is remains registered on the disc they were connected to before they break.

If I ping out from the device I get "host unreachable" and if I try and ping the device they aren't discoverable either, until I turn the wifi off and on again on the device.

I've tried turning off smart connect thing, I've changed to different modes, I've turned off 2.4 ghz network and tried just 5ghz still happens.

I've stood up a new router (one with a WAN port and a normal set of networking points) plugged the WAN into the Hub and configured the new router to "dynamic connection mode". Set the networking range to be a different set of IP's etc. I can connect to that fine, no issues, no drops, solid all day long. Similar when I connect to a hotspot etc.

I've phoned support and they have said "oh it will be the dodgy firmware, update is coming", but from what I've read I don't think what I describe is covered in that dodgy firmware issue, that's about not seeing devices between 2.4ghz and 5ghz right?

0 Ratings