cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Devolo Magic 2 with BT Smart Hub 2

Hi everyone,

I would like to set up my Smart Hub 2 from BT with a Devolo Magic Wifi.

Anybody has experience with this kind of setup?

I wanted to extend my wifi coverage and make this two working together. Connection through the BT Smart Hub, and the Devolo Magic as an extender, also utilising the powerline elements of Devolo.

So my question is:

- I set up everything already using the Devolo Magic system with its own SID.

- I'd like to clone that to the Smart hub keeping the SID and all the linked devices from the set-up.

- I'd like to use also the Smart Hub 2 wifi device for connection and not switching it off to be able to use the "hybrid connect" functionality.

Is there a way to do that?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Devolo Magic 2 with BT Smart Hub 2

As far as I'm aware, there is nothing 'Magic' about the Devolo kit, it is just wifi via powerline adapters like any other supplier. You can either give the hub the same SSID as the Devolos or the Devolos the same SSID as the hub, either way they won't form an actual mesh with the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks,

Is there a way to make them as a same Mesh?

If they are not, I would never know which one I am logged in, right? Not that it would matter if the overall network speed were better though and not sure if the connection switch would be smooth from the develo to the smarthub. Any view from your side?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

There is no way to get them to mesh with the hub,but you wouldn't know where you were connected to if they did. I personally prefer discrete SSIDs for each WiFi signal so that a device can be switched manually to a strong signal if hanging on to a weak signal.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

They are certainly one of the more expensive options but reliable I use the LAN versions rather than WiFi.

Be careful however if you want to use them with Sky Q mini boxes as they will not connect to any type of powerline by WiFi.

0 Ratings