cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hugodon17
Message 1 of 5

Disable “access blocked” message

I’ve enabled access controls so that devices can not access the internet router during certain time periods. Annoyingly the access blocked page opens up on devices telling them their access is blocked and gives the game away and makes me look like the devil!

Is there a way of disabling the access blocked page so that they are none the wiser that I blocked their access and will simply think there’s a network issue?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Disable “access blocked” message

The reason it does that is so that you don't think there is a network issue or a fault and try and report it as such to BT so in answer to your question... no.

0 Ratings
Hugodon17
Message 3 of 5

Ok so I will always come across as the bad guy then?!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you use a different router, than you will get a page not found message, which you may prefer.

For example the TP-Link TD-W9970 blocks Internet access using a firewall which can be programmed to a schedule in 30 minute time blocks.

You can make this blocking selective to certain websites if you wish. Its 100% configurable.

You can block certain game sites if needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@Hugodon17 wrote:
Ok so I will always come across as the bad guy then?!

If it is your children that you are blocking it's is called being a responsible parent!