cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielgwood
Message 1 of 8

Disable connection troubleshooter

Is there a way to disable that irritating connection troubleshooter if your connection is down?

My connection is down fairly regularly, which is annoying, but more annoying is the troubleshooter intercepting all requests and losing all my open tabs. If my broadband connection is unavailable, I'd much rather get an error message without the URL being rewritten.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Disable connection troubleshooter

@danielgwood wrote:

Is there a way to disable that irritating connection troubleshooter if your connection is down?

My connection is down fairly regularly, which is annoying, but more annoying is the troubleshooter intercepting all requests and losing all my open tabs. If my broadband connection is unavailable, I'd much rather get an error message without the URL being rewritten.

Do you mean BT Desktop help? If so, then uninstall it.

0 Ratings
danielgwood
Message 3 of 8

Nope - don't remember installing that, and in any case, the screen comes up on my Mac as well as my PC, and Desktop Help seems to be Windows-only. It seems to be part of the HH3 software, in that the rewritten URLs include "bthomehub.home".

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

You probably mean the internal redirection message you get when the homehub loses connectivity.

That is part of the firmware and cannot be altered. Which home hub version do you have?

The other thing, is why do you keep losing connection, it should not happen?

0 Ratings
danielgwood
Message 5 of 8

I thought that might be the answer, thanks anyway Keith!

As to the connection issues, I figured I'd hunt through the existing threads on here before troubling you. It happens a lot on some days, and not at all on others. Doesn't appear to be related to my activities, nor which machine(s) I'm using. Usually I get the "internal redirection message", I tell the hub for the umpteenth time that my connection is not BT Inifinity, and that I have waited more than 24 hours after installation, go through the various other options, then after five minutes or so it simply starts working again.

I have a HomeHub 3, software version V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B. As I said though, before troubling you I'll go through the other threads and suggestions about connection problems.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

So you have an ADSL connection?

If you do, there is plenty of help on my website below, and also from forum members.

0 Ratings
danielgwood
Message 7 of 8

I do indeed. I'll give that a read, thanks!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

If you require assistance, then start a new thread in the BB Speed/Connection Issues board. There is plenty of help..

0 Ratings