cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peco
Message 1 of 5

Disc not Connecting by Wi-Fi

Go to solution

I have invested in a 3 pack of total home discs, but cannot connect to the first disc by wi-fi. I have connected the disc to my Smart 2 Hub using an Ethernet cable and the BTWholeHome network appears available, along with my Smart 2 hub. However, when I disconnect the Ethernet, although the disc light turns red as expected, it doesn’t turn blue. 

I’m not that “tech savvy” so although I think I’m following the instructions, I may have missed something.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Disc not Connecting by Wi-Fi

Go to solution

@Peco 

Are you talking about the white disks or the black ones, as the white discs need one of them to be connected to the home hub all of the time, as they cannot link to the smart hub 2?

The black ones which are part of the BT Complete Wifi solution, do use the smart hub 2 as the first node in the mesh.

Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Do you have white discs or black discs?

Apologies - my reply crossed with another - I was about to make the same point. I started with white discs and then upgraded to the Complete WifI solution, partly because the white disc performance was not great but mainly because 1 white disc is immediately used up having to be physically plugged into to hub (effectively duplicating the job the hub can do for itself with the black disc system).

0 Ratings
Peco
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks, I think that is the solution. The discs are the white ones and the signal is strong, when connected to the Smart Hub.

0 Ratings
Peco
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Many thanks
0 Ratings