cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Do i need to upgrade my BT Openreach Modem before i get Full Fibre 900?

Go to solution

Fairly straightforward question, and maybe an obvious answer but i just have to check.

I currently have a BT Openreach modem (NGA ECI-CPE-MODEM TYPE 1FTTC VDSL ECI B-FOCUS V rev.B) connected to my Asus RT-AC88U and as i understand it the modem is limited to 100Mbps speed, so therefore i'd lose speed by using this setup with Full Fibre 900?

If this is correct, what modems would you recommend to partner with my router to utilize the full speed?

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Do i need to upgrade my BT Openreach Modem before i get Full Fibre 900?

Go to solution

If you move to FTTP then your modem is of no use and you can connect your existing router to the modem/ONT which will be fitted by openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply, that's good to know.

But just for future reference, if i got speeds higher than 100Mbps (not FTTP) then my modem wouldn't be sufficient?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

The Openreach modems only work on standard FTTC, i.e the 80/20 product. They do not work on  G.Fast which is the higher speed (up to 300/30) product.

0 Ratings