cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Do you need to have your home phone plugged in for your BT broadband to work??

Hi, we are having work done in our lounge and the BT socket box has been moved, everything is working fine in it’s new location but we are now wondering if we need the home phone plugged into the ASDL filter box as with the broadband. No one uses the phone to make outgoing calls and the phone rarely rings, but I am not sure if unplugging the phone only affects our Fibre 1 broadband??

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Do you need to have your home phone plugged in for your BT broadband to work??

Many people don't even possess a phone these days. There is no reason to plug one in if you don't want to.

Message 3 of 6

Re: Do you need to have your home phone plugged in for your BT broadband to work??

Great, thanks for the quick response 👍

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Don't throw your phone away though, it is a very useful tool for fault diagnosis

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Nope... We don't even own a phone 😆 our line is purely used for data and mobiles for everything else 👍

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

My phone is connected just to receive spam calls about my internet being cut off.

Stew