cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Does BT Infinity = fibre optic

Go to solution

Hi,

I have BT Infinity 1 which according to BT is fibre optic but, when I run the BT Speed Test, it always says the same thing, 'It looks like you don't have 'Fibre to the Home' Infinity Broadband'.

Have had this message since installation in January but everytime I query it with BT, every person just says, 'I'll check your account', and says, 'you do have fibre optic'.

How do I get 'physical proof that I am receiving fibre optic. My download speed which I have checked with various other speed test companies apart from BT's has never gone beyond 18.85. I was told it would be in the range of 27 to 36.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Does BT Infinity = fibre optic

Go to solution

you have infinity 1 which is FTTC - fibre to the cabinet   so your connection is fibre to the cabinet and normal phone line from cabinet to your home

FTTP - fibre to the premises is exactly as it's name suggest

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for such a quick reply. Ever thought of working for BT in their honesty dept. Why could no one there tell me this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

no problem

don't think I could stand the strain of working for BT especially in the honesty dept

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings