cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Does BT Infinity throttle Instagram?

I'm a BT infinity customer utilising 70mb line. Generally I'm very happy with the service, but Instagram is a pain in the neck. I use this service a lot, but it appears my connection to this service on my phone over wifi appears throttled?

I know this probably isn't the case as if I connect via ethernet, the site loads up just fine.

What would cause a problem over wifi? Every other site works perfectly fine, it is literally just Instagram over wifi??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Does BT Infinity throttle Instagram?

BT don't throttle it probably just a problem with your wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for quick response. I mean, yes, it's obviously something with wifi - any ideas what it could be?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

They should throttle the Rich Kids of Instagram. They’d certainly be doing the entire World a massive favour.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I realise this is an old post but wondered if there was any way one could 'fix' or 'adjust' the wifi so it wasn't throttling Instagram. It's the only app I use that I need to come off of wifi in order to use it. 

Any suggestions on what can be done?

0 Ratings