cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indiana1
Message 1 of 6

Drastic rise in broadband useage since Infinity connection

Go to solution

Has anyone else experienced a marked increase in download/upload useage since being connected to BB Infinity? Our actual habits have not changed and previously we were always within 10GB per month, but suddenly we've apparently reached 15GB and the month has a week to go. Any clues? Or is this something BT slips past the keeper without any explanation? Thanks for any responses, indiana1

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Drastic rise in broadband useage since Infinity connection

Go to solution

This link should help.

Why is my broadband usage so high?

indiana1
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for that, although it does come as a bit of a surprise. We don't want Windows 10 and as my laptop is somewhat ancient it wouldn't cope anyway. I'll google how to see it off as it does keep offering the upgrade. We have Youview so maybe by not using HD it will make a difference. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you have the BT Vision package and a YouView box, then usage is included.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If you want to get rid of the Windows 10 nagware, there's a bunch of Windows Updates you need to uninstall:

KB 3035583

KB 2952664

KB 3065987

In Windows 7, you need to look first in "Installed Updates" under "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel.  Hunt them down, right-click on them and select Uninstall.

Then go back into the control panel, and go to "Windows Update".  It will be asking to install those updates again.  So un-tick them, then right-click on them and select "Hide".  If you don't do that, they will just re-install themselves again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
indiana1
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Done, and thanks. Indi
0 Ratings