Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 27

Re: Draytek 130 / Netgear Mesh MK62 Setup to replace HHub6

Go to solution

That’s great thanks.

we need to clear the nvram of old low level code just in case that’s an issue. With all firmware updates it’s best to reset the router or old code is left which can create issues. It may not be the issue but a good starting point.

using a clip or pin hold the reset in at the rear of the router for around 20 seconds then release.

let the router fully boot up for a good 5 mins. Then setup again as new, do not use a saved profile cfg. 
It might not be the answer yet but it’s a job that’s required.

it maybe the Draytec but let’s see if that helps first.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

I've managed to get it working (didn't try reseting the router).

OK, so this is how I got it working.

Rather than going (via the GUI ) to Advanced->Advanced Setup->IPv6.

I went to Basic->Internet and selected "Does your internet require a login?" radio button to yes.

That then popped up an ISP dropdown to PPPoE and I changed the Login to xxx@btbroadband.com and the password to BT then pressed Apply.

This worked.

Many thanks for your patience and all your support - very much appreciated.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

That’s great news.

I would still perform a factory reset to clear the old code out. This would have also got you online as you ran through the setup.

double check under internet settings that the connection is always on as it tends to default to dial up and this means the routers goes to sleep after inactivity after the set time and causes issues with the internet dropping. 

also make sure auto update firmware is off if you want to manually check. This helps you to spot any issues after a firmware update you have requested takes place. It’s still in it’s early days so expect the odd bug and firmware fixes to show up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

Thank you I will do that, yes the connection was set to dial up.

Any others settings (from default) I should change?

The MK62 - does appear a good device but realise it is still new.

Hopefully they will soon have the MS60 on sale, as I could do with another satellite or that others with become available with EasyMesh

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

I’ve not seen or tried that router mesh system. I’m using the Netgear AX12 RAX120 and I would think the settings are different. 
I have AX on and WPS Off.  it’s a simple GUI which I’m guessing yours is too. 

I would just monitor the way it works after or before a reset and see how it goes. I take it you have one satellite so it’s best to insure it’s positioned correctly but the secret is to have coverage only within your property so that it’s more secure and causes less interference.

theres an app on the Apple App Store called WiFi Sweetspots which is great at testing internal throughput and to find poor areas of coverage with iPhone or iPad. It’s available on Android too.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks for all your help Stu - did get a few drop out issues yesterday but have now reset everything and all working fine at the moment...

Apart from one odd one - I have an iPAD4, which is running IOSv10 and it cannot connect - there must be some backward compatibility issue with IOSv10.  Everything else connects OK but will monitor over coming days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

Have you got access control turned on? If so turn it off.

Is there a PMF setting anywhere? If so try turning that off. If there’s an AX option you could try that off as well.

try resetting network settings on iPad as well.

ive an old 2012 iPad mini and that connects to my RAX120 with PMF and AX on but it could be an issue with the routers firmware. 

ive no idea what settings your router has as I’ve not tried one yet.

0 Ratings