cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iwatts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Dropbox and other services that need secure connection not working since I had HH5

Ever since having a HH5 I have not been able to connect to drop box, Adobe Creative Cloud Market, and Crashplan, which is another back up service. They all require a secure internet connection.

I have searched the forums and found others with the same problem, and someone suggested trying switching Smart Setup off, which I have. That didn't work.

I have tried turning the firewall off, which doesn't work.

I phoned BT and they said to do a factory reset - I did this and set up the home hub again, and it worked - for a day. I rebooted and it worked - for an hour. Now however much I reset or reboot it doesn't work.

This seems a fairly common problem. I also cannot access the dropbox page, though I can connect to other HTTPS pages.

At the times I have managed to get it working, I have also managed to reach the dropbox page, and I have taken my laptop to my neighbours house, and it works no problem, both reaching the dropbox home page and dropbox and the other applications working.

Any Suggestions?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Dropbox and other services that need secure connection not working since I had HH5

Hi Iwatts,

Do you get any error messages when you connecting to those sites?

It might be worth while opting out of BT Web Address Help give it a try and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings