cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinB1957
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Dual bands

My Hub Manager is showing the same iPhone (same IP address) connected to both the 2.4 & the 5 bands? How is this possible? Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Re: Dual bands

It sounds like your phone is using 5GHz when in range and dropping to 2.4Ghz when it can't pick up the 5Ghz carrier. Nothing unusual

0 Ratings
MartinB1957
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks @Anonymous . I would happily agree with you if they were connected on separate occasions i.e. using only one band at any onetime but my hub manager is showing the same phone (same IP address) ‘connected’ to both bands at exactly the same time! Well, I think what the Hub Manager is showing me when I ‘filter’ on ‘connected’ devices? Cheers.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I would not reply on the information shown in hub manager as has been shown on many occasions

I think the scenario is more like that described by @Anonymous  and hub is just not updating as Iphone switches networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

Obviously it won't be connected on both bands at the same time, as a rule of thumb, if the background colour is green then the device is connected, if grey it is not.

Having said that the hub manager is a bit flaky on BT hubs (as implied by @imjolly) and you can sometimes power a device down and the hub manager will still show it as connected.

0 Ratings
MartinB1957
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thank you. Might be a quirk of the phone as well
as none of the other 2 iPhones in the house are showing this anomaly. Cheers.
MartinB1957
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thanks again. Both are showing green but if the hub can be flaky then that would explain this anomaly. Cheers.
0 Ratings