cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

EPSON SX235W not connecting to New Smart hub

Go to solution

HI I am new on here. I have an epson sx235w printer which worked fine on my old hub connected wirelessly every time. I upgraded to the new smart hub with 2 discs which are now finally connected and working. However my printer refuses to connect !! I have checked out lots of similar posts on here but still cannot connect .So I took my printer to my neighbour and it connects fine onto his wi fi (not BT) , so after now 3 weeks I am turning to the community HELP I AM AT MY WITS END !!!!! any hero out there that has any solutions ??????

Thank you so much in anticipation. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: EPSON SX235W not connecting to New Smart hub

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

Have you tried setting wifi to fixed channels instead of auto?

have you tried changing the wireless mode from 1 to either 2 or 3?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If turning off "Smart Set Up" doesn't help you should factory reset the printer in order to clear out the "old" hubs settings the try and re connect it. You could try using the WPS button but I would suggest that it is best to enter the wireless password manually.

If it still does not connect you could try and turn off the 5Ghz on the Smart hub so that you can connect to the 2.4Ghz signal and once connected you can turn the 5Ghz back on.

See link to a thread showing how to turn the 5Ghz signal off.

Disabling 5Ghz on the Smart Hub 2 - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Nope this did not solve the problem.I have tried this before.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

woo hoo .I turned off smart set up (complete waste of time if you ask me - why does BT even have this feature ?)

Then as suggested I tried to turn the modes off and on and eventually it connected. Now the question is do I turn mode 1 back on or leave it in mode 3 as one of my devices now has a low signal ??

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

probably leave to settle for couple of days then try changing mode and see if still maintains connection  you can always change back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings