cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gary63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: EXpected Speed from BT Hub 4 Unlimited standard setup

Thank you - much appreciated - will check on Wednesday to see if we have any improvement.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 22 of 28

Hi @gary63,

Your order has completed Smiley Very Happy

Have you noticed the change?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
gary63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 28

Hi

We carried out a speed test this evening and got more or less the same results - 1.8gb download and 0.5 upload and ping of 87.

Can you double check it actually took place - do we need to restart the hub or anything before it takes affect?

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 28

As I said initially that your down connection speed might see a slight improvement but I expected a good increase in up speed - we are talking connection speed not download/upload speed. If upload  is 0.5mb then you must have been upgraded as that is faster than your previous adslmax 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gary63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 28

Hi

Upload has only increased from around 0.4 to 0.5 so far from the double speed that I was expecting?

So I was questioning whether I had to do something in order to implement it - ie turn router off and on

0 Ratings
gary63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 28

Hi

Is there any of the moderators online that can identify why the move from ADSL to ADSL2 has had little or no impact on our internet speed?

Thank you

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 27 of 28

Hi @gary63,

I've checked over your profile speeds and the order and I can confirm that we are not capping your upload speeds. By changing to this tech it doesn't guarantee that you'll get a higher connection rate. However; I can see that the upload speed is now syncing at 685 Kbps. With the distance of your line it looks right. 

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
gary63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

Hi

Thanks for the update - I have to say that I am disappointed as was led to believe that the upload speed would double from 0.4 to 0.8 - and to be honest we are struggling to get anywhere near the 0.685 speed you quote.

0 Ratings