cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Easiest way to connect Netgear Nighthawk XR 1000 to BT hub

Go to solution

Hi All,

I can see a lot of discussion on this and some of it goes a bit over my head. I was previously on Virgin and used a Netgear Nighthawk XR 1000 but when connect to my new BT Hub it doesn't seem to connect to the internet and I can find the right setting combination to make it work. Any advise on how to would be greatly appreciated 

It's a Fibre Broadband (VDSL) connection if that helps

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Easiest way to connect Netgear Nighthawk XR 1000 to BT hub

Go to solution

is it full fibre - FTTP - fibre to your home with small white modem ONT?  are you using digital voice or just broadband only?

If FTTP and broadband only then you can connect direct to ONT and use username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and any password often just BT.  If using DV then SH2 must be first connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

How are you connecting the Netgear to the hub, LAN to LAN or LAN to WAN?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I tried both and couldn't get either working 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Ok, the first question is what is the purpose for using the Netgear, this will determine which way you connect it to the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

If you definitely have VDSL and don't have Digital Voice, you might want to consider using an Huawei HG 612 modem from eBay rather than using the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I use the router because it has good range and a number of devices can be connect over the house 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Ok, if you just want to use it as a very expensive wireless access point, give it an IP address of 192.168.1.10, disable DHCP and connect it to the hub LAN port to LAN port.

Alternatively, as I previously suggested, get an Huawei modem and don't use the hub at all.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
I knw it's some time ago, but did you get resolution on the issue please? I have similar issue; used to use Virgin with my own Nighthawk and AX1600 Mesh extenders but have moved to BT and the coverage sucks
0 Ratings