Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryaaan26
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Enabling IPv6 on Smart Hub

Hi,

I have recently gotten BT broadband and would like to use IPv6, but have yet figured out how to configure it.

In my BT Smart Hub Manager it says ;

Hub IPv6 status:

Disabled

IPv6 network status:

Disabled

I was wondering what needs to be done for it to be enabled?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Enabling IPv6 on Smart Hub

nothing to do  it will activate automatically when available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ryaaan26
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I've read that all BT lines should support IPv6, and that the Smart Hub supports it therefore should theoretically be 'available'
0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Mine is enabled but as the HH6 uses only BT DNS and this DNS (IPv6) is not enabled it does not really matter.

The IPv6 DNS may be enabled in your area, exciting eh!

0 Ratings
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Mine was automatically enabled when I set the hub up but (and it is a bit of a big but for internet use) - only some of the BT IP range appears to be IPv6 enabled in my area. Typically if I get an IPv6 enabled connection, I find overnight BT reboot my hub/connection a few days later and I will get an IPv6 disabled connection instead. Hopefully the remaining ranges will be enabled at some point in the near future as the need to move from IPv4 to IPv6 on the internet will get greater as the few remaining IPv4 addresses reduce.

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 6 of 8

I have never had more than 9/10 on test-ipv6.com, or 16/20 on some other.

Boring, I know!

0 Ratings
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Me neither (when I have an enabled internet IPv6 connection). Always get a failure with DNS whenever I try (although I'm using the new Cloudflare DNS nowadays and haven't tested since moving to it).
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Just set your network adaptor to use 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844 (Google) as DNS servers for IPv6 rather than obtain via DHCP

0 Ratings