cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mumjrob
Message 1 of 16

Error 502

I am having this problem, get error 502 when I try to sign in to my emails.  Gets worse every day.  Sometimes resolved by refreshing the page, but not always.  Help

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
duncan10
Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: Error 502

Go to wiki-errors and download ---error 502 repair tool  Its caused by misconfigered windows programme

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

If you only get the Error 502 when trying to get your email via webmail it is possibly to do with the ongoing migration and BT servers rather than a problem with your computer.

There are other reports of people being unable to log on to their email and having to repeatedly try. I would not do anything to your computer settings at this time. Give it a while to see if it sorts itself out.

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 4 of 16

The website specifically states its a problem with Windows configaration.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

There are many reasons for 502 errors. Have a look here.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/502error.htm

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 6 of 16

GG Thats 3 sites I have visited and all say its a fault in windows configeration. I doubt they would all lie. Yes GG I read it . It conflicts with the other sites I visited BUT they do say it still could be a PC fault and dont eliminate it.if you read on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

If you are happy to click on a link and down load an unknown tool from a wiki site to repair an error then go ahead. I know I wouldn't. I no longer wonder why you have so many security problems on your computer!

Others are posting of problems logging into their email.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Email-cannot-find-server/td-p/1096620

Go onto Microsofts own site and search Error 502 to see that there are many reason for it.

http://search.microsoft.com/en-gb/supportresults.aspx?form=mssupport&q=error%20502

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

I also did not say it can not be a fault on the OP's computer but at this stage due to the other information of others have problems getting into their email I suggested not doing anything to his computer because the fault may not lie there.

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 9 of 16

I dont have security problem now GG My expensive protection system took care of that along with many more security issues . I have I also have other defence type programmes that do not conflict with the main one.Along with IP blocking which was sending data to another computer. I know most of the IPs that are hacked and have internet programmes that alert me to most types of infiltration along with anti-exploit.and more to the point anti-cryptolocker. I even now have access to a site I was blocked from . So no problems now GG.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Well I'm happy for you about that, but I don't want the OP to have security problems by clicking on a download tool that as far as I am aware, has not been tested or recommended by anybody.

0 Ratings