cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Ethernet Connected Devices display as 5ghz and 2.4ghz and more

Hello,

I have the BT Smart Hub 2 and recently I have noticed that the ethernet connected devices are showing as 5ghz or 2.4ghz and all smart devices what are using 2.4ghz are using 5ghz as well. 

This is annoying as it is showing no ethernet connected devices at. (When I click on wired devices it does say they are wired but only when you click it, doesn't display in "ethernet connections")

Seeing if there is a fix or some settings I have accidently turned on.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ethernet Connected Devices display as 5ghz and 2.4ghz and more

Nothing you have done. This is normal for hubs and are totally unreliable about connected devices.  As long as devices are working then ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

A factory reset may resolve the problem but as already stated the hub manager isn't to be believed. According to that, one of my devices is connected 24/7 via a wi-fi disk that is only powered up as and when I need it.

Message 4 of 4

I'm getting the same this evening. Switched to from Smart Hub 1 to Smart Hub 2 this week due to an impending digital phone switchover, and today it's showing all of our devices as connected with 5GHz wifi - which is nonsense given that some of the older devices are 2.4GHz only and at least 5 devices are using ethernet.

Not a big deal, as everything else seems to be working okay still, but doesn't instil confidence in the quality of the hub's software  😞

0 Ratings