cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Ethernet Extender Plugs

Go to solution

Hi there. I have a BT Extender Plug into which my hub is connected via an Ethernet cable. I have a separate plug plugged in a power socket in a different part of the house and provides great, reliable Internet. My question is, can I simply plug in another BT Ethernet plug in a different, additional, and it will be automatically recognised/provide Internet to that plug - and any device then connected by a further Ethernet cable? I'm not sure if they only work on pairs etc. I've had the plugs a few years now. Not sure specific model, but they are both BT products. Thanks. Hope someone can help!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ethernet Extender Plugs

Go to solution

Normally you would buy another extender and pair it with existing extenders and then you could connect your devices  if your existing extender are old then you may find it a problem in pairing new extender to the old existing ones

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks. This is the type used at the moment - not sure how old. Can't seem to find a single plug in any case.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you can't find a single plug, don't try  to use 2 sets, you can only have one master connected to the router with multiple slaves.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

As others have said, you can have only one master (the one your router plugs into) and multiple slaves, each plugged into a mains socket. Depending on the model, you might need to pair each slave with the master. These adapters are typically sold as a pair but I have found that Fleabay is a good place to get single used ones. All the models I have used have identical units and it is in setting them up that makes them either a master or a slave. That means you can but a pair and use them both as slaves. 

0 Ratings