Did you mean: 
Highlighted
eviesgranny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Ethernet switches with HH6

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to connect two 4 port ethernet switches to my HH6 and if so what would be the best ports on the hub to connect each switch to?

For the record, I need two separate switches as each one goes off in a different direction and to different levels in the house because of existing ethernet wiring.

We dont usually run many devices concurrently unless our grown up children return to the family home at holiday times. Our current average broadband speed is 1.3mbps.

Thank you in advance

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ethernet switches with HH6

Go to solution

Shouldn't be a problem, it doesn't matter which ports you use.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Of course you can, any port on the home hub will do.

eviesgranny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you!

0 Ratings
mike8
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I use my main wired computer in Port 1 and my Switch to Port 2. Switch used is BT 8 port gigabyte switch. Tried using Netgear switches before but couldnt consistently get them to switch using gbyte option.

0 Ratings
eviesgranny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the info re Netgear switches.  I'm looking at a TP-link switch, but based on your experience I may  research just a little more before I buy.  Didn't know BT made switches so I will look at them too.

0 Ratings
Matt__
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I have D-Link DGS-1005D and it was working fine with HH5. Just plugged in HH6 and I have connection error between my laptop (wired) and BT TV or printer (both behind the switch). Although both devices have undisturbed internet access. What can I do?

0 Ratings
Matt__
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I have D-Link DGS-1005D and it was fine with HH5. As soon as I plugged in HH6 no communication between my PC's (wired) and BT-TV or the printer (both behind the switch). Both have undisturbed access to internet so HH6 is blocking... How to solve that?

0 Ratings