Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Exchange Upgrade

Hi,

Hoping this is the right area to post this.  I am eagerly trying to sign up to get fibre but it says my cabinet is at high capacity.  However, on checking surrounding areas/streets etc, it seems to be the only one at high capacilty and all others are accepting orders.

I checked multiple streets etc. and got about ten exchanges that are availble, just not mine 😞

At present, until i get fibre, i am at the mercy of 1.5mb speeds which is tough when i need to work from home or when there are a lot of people in the house tyring to use broadband.

Is there any way of chasing down an ETA on when an exchange will be upgraded?

DSL checker gives nothing

Patiently going crazy......

Alan

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Exchange Upgrade

I covered this when you posted earlier today  it is not exchange that need upgraded it is your cabinet which is full and has a waiting list  there is nothing you can do as it is up to openreach to either add new card to existing cabinet if and space available or decide if they want to install a new cabinet  that decision is a business decision for openreach

just because the other cabinets are not full and have waiting list means nothing for your cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Its not the exchange, it is the cabinet that is at full capacity. There is no way of finding out how long it will be before capacity is available. The cabinet could be sub-equipped with cards and require extra cards to be fitted or it could be completely full and require another cabinet (which may or may not happen). Capacity can also become available if a customer gives up their service. All of which have completely unknown timescales I'm afraid.

alan_mc
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

What you should perhaps remember is that people reach out to these forums as we don't have all the answers or know how or simply don't understand how the process works. Perhaps a bit more humility on your side is advisable instead of ranting off at them.
0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks liquorice for the more diplomatic answer
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@alan_mc wrote:
What you should perhaps remember is that people reach out to these forums as we don't have all the answers or know how or simply don't understand how the process works. Perhaps a bit more humility on your side is advisable instead of ranting off at them.

I already explained the problem which @licquorice has done again saying exactly same as I posted on your previous thread  there is nothing the forum can do to help

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Open-reach-showing-my-postcode-address-in-wrong-location/...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings