cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mwallwork
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Exchange for BT Infinity

Hi - I had a look at the exchange rollout for fibre for my exchange Meltham and it said it was accepting orders - however it says on the BT infity page that I can only get broadband. Can anyone confirm when fibre will be available in Meltham to order if the exchange has been upgraded

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Exchange for BT Infinity

If you use this checker and post a screen shot of the results (remove your phone number before posting)  it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only(EO) line. This means you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.

Sometime in the future Openreach may install a cabinet out side the exchange and this will allow EO lines to connect to a cabinet. This however is not high on their priority list so may take some time.

Use your phone number. If you don't have a BT number use the address checker. It is more accurate than the post code checker which can cover more than one cabinet.

0 Ratings
Mwallwork
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Can't seem to find a way of posting a screen shot but it says I'm on cabinet 1 and doesn't seem to list any offerings other than adsl. Anyone know how I get a definitive list of exchange rollout plans ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

According to this the Exchange is not fibre enebled yet however if it is it could be that you are too far from the cabinet to get Infinity. Do you know how far you are from the cabinet?

https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/MYMTH

0 Ratings
Mwallwork
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi I'm about half a mile at most maybe less. Strange as I went in the bt home page and downloaded the fibre rollout PDF and it had meltham as accepting orders so obviously not up to date . Bt have been out doing work at the exchange for fibre. It's been down as design stage on another site for over 12 months
0 Ratings
Mwallwork
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Actually by bt infinity site now says it's as build stage
0 Ratings