cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Extra Wifi discs

Go to solution

I have a Smart Hub 2 and 1 black wifi disc up and running. I have obtained some extra wifi discs from a friend; they are white with fixed metal stands, unlike the black disc that has plastic fold-out stands. I've gone through the setup as shown in the BT App, and online, but every time I remove the Ethernet cable from the disc the light turns solid red and stays that way? I've done factory resets on the discs, reset my hub, and left the disc connected for over an hour but no change!  Am I missing something basic, or are theses discs incompatible with my hub? I'd welcome any insight into my problem...ta

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Extra Wifi discs

Go to solution

@nellieb 

You cannot use the white disks, they are incompatible, only the black disks can be used.

If you have BT Complete Wi-Fi, then you can request up to  two more black disks for free.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Keith....disappointing, but maybe not surprising? Out of interest, what are the white discs compatible with?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@nellieb wrote:

Thanks Keith....disappointing, but maybe not surprising? Out of interest, what are the white discs compatible with?

They are intended to work with any ISP router, with one always connected to a LAN port, so you would need a minimum of two. They would interfere with the Smart Hub 2, and black discs.

If you were using a third party router, which you could totally disable the wireless, then you could use the white discs, but a minimum of three would be needed to form a usable wireless mesh.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

The black discs are only compatible with the Smart Hub2 and integrate with it. The white discs can be used as a mesh system connected to any router, BT or third party but don't integrate with the host WiFi which it is usual to turn off. Black and white discs are not compatible with each other

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Keith

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Licqorice,  glad that's sorted! Extra black disc on it's way after a bit of wandering around the BT website! Double salt?

0 Ratings