cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

(FIBRE900) Using Asus RT-AX86u website loading problem

Hello,

I'm trying to access a certain website that is hosted under my server infrastructure by OVH. Everyone else can access these sites all the times no issues. However after hours of debugging I found out it's the modem as when I sue the SH2 instead the websites load for me. Super strange! It's only them websites none else. What should I look at? I'd rather not go back to using SH2 as the WiFi performance and upload throttling isn't fun on the fibre900 package.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: (FIBRE900) Using Asus RT-AX86u website loading problem

I would ask for assistance on the ASUS forum. The ONT has no control over which websites can be connected to or not. All it does is convert the light signal into a digital one which a router can understand. In every other respect it is dumb.

If the website is connectable with the SH2, then it is connectable with any router.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Zeusdezov 

Is it anything to do with AiProtection and/or Trend Micro? That can cause issues. On my DSL-AC68U you can whitelist sites that have previously been blocked.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I would start by factory resetting the Asus router and just setting PPPoE so you can see if it's a remnant of old settings or a missed setting you've forgotten about. I stepped away from Asus when you had to agree to privacy T&Cs to use them. You could always look into using different firmware like openwrt or something but you'll need to double check it's completly supported.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Zeusdezov 

The other thing I thought of is are you using BT's DNS servers?

If you are & don't need BT's Parental Controls then change the DNS servers to Google (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) or OpenDNS (208.67.222.222/208.67.220.220) and see it that makes a difference.

I'd ignore the suggestions in the post above this.