cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

FIFA 21 Delay and awful gameplay online

Hi all, I'm just wondering how to fix these issues. I'm having lots of issues regarding FIFA 21 gameplay responsiveness. For example I'll press the X button on the ps5 controller and it'll hang for 1/2 a second before performing the command. This is a huge issue especially when trying to play competitive game mode such as Rival and FUT Champs. I also having lots of issues regarding matchmaking, I'm obviously from the UK but keep matching Germans/Dutch/French. So the game is pretty much telling me no other English people play this game? 

Anyone with any technical background could you please help, I'm trying to get into the competitive game and pushing for trials but it's impossible with these awful conditions.

My connection

149mb out of a possible 150mb download

30mb out of a possible 30mb upload

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: FIFA 21 Delay and awful gameplay online

I have also 12 latency in game, port forwarding set up which also obviously means I have a static IP address aswell to my ps5

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

0mbps upload?? That can't be right... If it is, you have an issue.. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I meant 30mbps out of a possible 30

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I can guarantee that there's other people in the UK playing FIFA 21 online with ps5's in the UK so I'd check your settings... Is anyone running a VPN or proxy server?? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

No one is using a VPN, my brother has an Xbox one and sister Nintendo switch. The routing seems to be the issue. I'm not connecting to my nearest server in London. I'm connecting to one in Amsterdam.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Your IP will be registered to the UK so there's no reason why it should think you're elsewhere. Might be worthwhile having a look in the FIFA forums and see if anyone else is having the issue

0 Ratings