Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

FTTP 300mb interfering with Sky Q miniboxes

Hi,

I had BT FTTP fitted last Friday and chose the 300mb package.

I don't seem to be getting near that speed at by Wi-Fi even in the same room though BT is saying I'm getting 300mb the router.

I think part of the problem is that my Sky Q mini boxes are interfering with the 5 Ghz band and I have set my Sky mini boxes and main box down to a 5 GHz narrowband and switched off 2.4 Ghz on them and luckily the Sky seems to be working. 

I am hardly ever getting speeds above 100 MB  if at all even in the same room as the SH2 router - it starts off at about 270 megabytes per second on Wi-Fi then it drops down quite quickly.

I'm in a quandary whether I should just cancel the BT package in my cooling off period as I don't want to be paying for something which I'm not getting and I don't want to be stuck in the 2-year contract paying for more speed than I can possibly get.

I would appreciate some advice

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP 300mb interfering with Sky Q miniboxes

My skyq main and 3 minis connected to my hub on 2.4ghz. The skyq main then has connected using 5ghz band 36 to the minis so set hub 5ghz to either 44 or48

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP 300mb interfering with Sky Q miniboxes

Hi thanks, thats exactly what I've done but the speed starts off very high at 280mb but then drops down to less than 100mbs on wifi.

Its a little disconcerting as I don't want to be stuck in a 2 year contract! Maybe I should drop down to the 100mb package?

0 Ratings