cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

FTTP NBN Connection with MESH Connection

Hi All, my question has 2 parts, firstly BT or Google?

Secondly - I have Infinity 3 FTTP and I would like to know if I can connect either of the above directly to the Fibre NBN and do away with the HH6 - as I hate it! 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP NBN Connection with MESH Connection

Ok.  Silly question time.  Either of the above what, exactly.

The exact model of device would have been handy as I have no idea what you looked at and you need some form of router in the mix.

BT Whole Home apparently needs a base router to operate, so FTTP modem to router to Whole home disks.  Google Wifi (there's more than one), apparently has routing capability.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP NBN Connection with MESH Connection

You need a router for BT Whole Home Mesh wifi.  I have installed this and am 100% satisfied with its perfomance which has given me fast, reliable wifi around what is a large house over 3 floors.  Installation is a doddle and took under 10 mins. 

I had long since replaced my BT router due to poor DHCP handling leading to IP address conflicts.  If I were you and were planning to instal the BT mesh, I would bite the bullet and also replace the router at the same time with a non BT one.  There are umpteen makes to choose from.  Or, you can go down the Google Wifi path which will include a replacement router but is reputedly more difficult to set up.

0 Ratings