cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

FTTP and Netgear Nighthawk Ax18800 MK63

Go to solution

Morning

I have BT FTTP and the BT SmartHub 2 - I am looking at swapping the BT SmartHub out for a Netgear Mesh MX63 system ( as I have a deadspot in the hosue from where BT installed the new Fibre connection - that I want to recieve a signal in.

I have the Open reach ONT Modem ( I think ) on the wall and my idea was to switch out the SmartHub 2 for the Netgear router - but when I tried this i get No Internet connection - I also tried daiy chaining the Netgear router from one of the BT SMartHub but still dindt connect.

When prompted for credentials I used  userid bthomehub@btbroadband.com and BT as the password and still no connection.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks James

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTP and Netgear Nighthawk Ax18800 MK63

Go to solution

Did you select the PPPoE connection option?

Go to solution

Hi

Yes I tried that and supplied the bthomehub@btbroadband.com user id- I also tried the userid with no passowrd "BT" password and "bt" password

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I assume you are using the Ethernet port on the router marked "Internet" to connect to the ONT?  Try a different Ethernet cable.  Also try a factory reset on the router.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@jamesp1969 I've had my Orbi  for years and it's rock solid, MK63 should be a great buy.

I assume your Smarthub2 has a red WAN port on the back?

If you remove the Smarthub from your setup then  you'll directly connected the ONT (white box/should have green flashing lights - post a picture if you're not sure if it is an ONT or not) to the Internet (yellow) port of your MK63 router (not one of the satellites). If you want to keep the Smarthub then you'll need to put the Orbi into Access Point mode during the setup.

I'd do a factory reset of the MK63 router and start again if not already. One thing I have learned about Netgear stuff is you must be patient so I'd leave it connected for 10 to 15mins before starting any setup, Good Luck!

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi

Yes I am using the port labeeled internet - I will see if I can find another cable but was using the one that came out of the back of the SmartHub 2 - so was working and is now that I have put it back. I will also have a go at factory reset and go a bit slower making sure I try and note down the messgages etc.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi

Yes my prefrence would be to get rid of the smart hub - and I am plugged into the "internet" port of the router - I moved the Red WAN port on the Smart hub so didnt touch the ONT Modem.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@brookheather  All sorted ran it again and got it to complete - done nothing different - I guess the old Turn off/on trick.. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Forthay  sorted now tried it again and it worked - bothing diffrent just the on/off and start again trick - Thanks

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Nice one @jamesp1969 I’m glad it’s up and running. 👍

Hopefully plane sailing and no more dead spots, enjoy!