cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

FaceTime issues since tv installation

Hello, I am a Fibre to the premises customer, I am having problems with FaceTiming family and friends, about 3 minutes into a call my iPad freezes and continues to do so every 30 seconds to a minute making FaceTime unbearable. I have exhausted all Apple avenues to no avail. I have tried opening ports in my firewall to accept my iPad FaceTime calls so they weren’t blocked, my broadband speed is running well, The problem only started to happen since I had my BT tv installed. I use mini connectors to get WiFi to my tv box. I spoke to a bt advisor this morning who gave me two different wave bands so I got the best out of my broadband, this isn’t the issue, broadband is running well and my iPad continues to freeze during FaceTime calls. From process of elimination I believe the issue to be with the tv box and the mini connectors.

Anyone else having these issues?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: FaceTime issues since tv installation

I have since spoken to the BT tv agents who ran tests, all is ok with my tv signal and broadband signal to the tv. The agent confirmed my thoughts that the mini connectors prioritise the wifi signal to the tv, so when on FaceTime my screen continues to freeze, 6 times in 3 minutes. When I unplug the mini connectors from the tv and router, the freezing stops. However other people in the property can not watch tv. The BT agent posted out some more mini connectors to rule out any faults with the existing ones and had ordered an engineer to come to my property.. Who I am currently waiting for. There must be a solution to this issue I am having, hard wiring would be a fix but the distance between the router and tv is too far.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: FaceTime issues since tv installation

So after waiting for an engineer to show one never came. I have again spoken to bt asking why an engineer never came to my property, I was told one wasn’t ordered! I was assured they were when I spoke to the tv advisor on Monday the fact it wasn’t ordered is not a fault of mine, (I took a day off work for this inconvenience). After explaining everything again, the agent on the phone abruptly told me the mini connectors are not the issue, (here we go again) and it was broadband, the mini connectors are the issue confirmed by the tv advisor and tech team bt use. So I got put through to fftp broadband team even though my question as to why an engineer didn’t turn up didn’t get answered.  so the broadband team say all is working well, there is a slight congestion on the line.. as in there are 19 other properties using BT for broadband but my speeds are running well. This doesn’t get me any closer to a fix, I’m now considering a different Tv and internet provider. My advice is avoid the mini connectors  if you want your other tech gadgets to work.

0 Ratings