cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Faceplate connection issues

I have been having issues with my phone and broadband for nearly 6 weeks now. An engineer reconnected the phone but I still have no broadband signal (as in I can't find the wifi signal on my mob or laptop).
BT chat has said I need a new faceplate but I get no wifi signal regardless of whether the faceplate is on or off.
Also where exactly does BT stop being responsible for the upkeep of equipment?
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Message 2 of 11

Re: Faceplate connection issues

Hi @cm348 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the wifi signal. What hub are you using? What colour are the lights on the hub?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

It's an old white BT homehub. There's a green light on broadband & a faint green light on internet but no lights on phone, wifi or data.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Have you tried a known working corded phone in the test point of your main telephone socket?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

A very common issue with the old home hub 1 is the failure of the power unit to give the correct voltage. It that is your original one, then you have been very lucky.

I still use the HH1, but have changed the power supply unit twice.

You would be best to ask BT for a replacement, which would be a home hub 4. If you have a spare 9 Volt power supply, you could try that on the home hub 1, make sure you check the polarity.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Hi Devon Dave,
Yes, it has the same effect.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Devon Dave the phone works fine wherever it is plugged in. It's just the broadband/internet wifi signal I can't get.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Keith, I have signed up for infinity and have 4 days before the 14 day cancellation runs out. I'm reluctant to continue with that if I can't get the internet up and running beforehand. I'm also not willing (have no money) to spend a load on new bits that will be replaced if I go ahead with infinity.
I don't think I have a spare 9 volt power supply though but I'll have a look. Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

I would just wait until your infinity goes live you get a new hub then anyway getting a replacement hub 4 is going to take that sort of time to be delivered any way you can also use the new infinity hub when it arrives on your existing broadband service while waiting for the infinity service to be activated
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Thanks John, I'm fairly sure Keith is correct about it being the adaptor. It was the original adaptor so I'm probably pushing my luck anyway. The home phone works so that means the faceplate is probably ok.

Does anyone know if a new adaptor is included in the infinity hub? Apparently I will get it in the post to set up myself!!!!! It would be a shame to get that far and realise all I needed to do was get a new adaptor.
0 Ratings