Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamjar62
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Fastpath info

Go to solution

Hi All   I was mentioned in this forum a few days ago about am i on fastpath ,and at the time i was on interleaved , well this morning i checked on my Asus Router Control page and noticed that i am now on Fastpath  on the upstream and interleaved on the downstream , i,m puzzled about this ,is this something they do ?  if so why ?  

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6083665106

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6084678625

JamJar62
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fastpath info

Go to solution

Have you got G.INP enabled?  If not enable it and resync and your downstream may switch to FastPath.

0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

yes G.INP  is enabled ...I have rebooted the router and still the same , but seems to be stable and working fine 🙂 maybe it will change on the downstream at some point ? I know my speed is faster  i,m getting 4 to 5 mb more than i was  , which seems crazy to me ha!   its the most i have ever had out of my internet  ! and ping has gone down from 22 to 15 🙂 

JamJar62
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

What has probably happened is that the Interleave depth has reduced, giving you the improved ping. The next step will most likely be to set the Interleave depth to 1 , putting you on FastPath.

Upstream & downstream seem to work independently of each other based on line conditions,

0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Oh thanks for the explanation ,so its not a problem if it stays like this ?  I must say its the best my Infinity 2 has performed since i had it fitted ,in fact since i changed from tht HH3 & HH5 to Asus router 🙂 i have gained a staggering 8mb in speed !  When i first had it installed i was getting 59mb  then when i changed to the Asus router it went up to 61mb  now with changing the SNR to 4db   i,ve gone up to 67mb  🙂  So i,m happy !  🙂  

JamJar62
0 Ratings