cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winelight
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Faulty home hub

My home hub (possibly a 6?) is faulty. It flashes alternately the big orange light, then a red "b".

I'm now using an older hub borrowed from a neighbour.

I've tried the online live chat, but they told me to reconnect the faulty hub, which of course cut us off. They did ring me but then hung up. As this took about 40 minutes to reach this point, I really don't have the time or energy to go through that again. And don't see the point either.

Any suggestions for what I could possibly do now please?

Of course I can't report it via the online fault reporting because that only works if your broadband works. So won't detect a fault. But it won't work at all if I reconnect the hub that doesn't work.

In fact, is there any way to report a faulty hub other than here?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Faulty home hub

You need to contact BT customer services and report a fault. There is no short cut to doing that.

0 Ratings
winelight
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

OK thanks. So what are the live chat and online fault reporting for exactly?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

They are for reporting faults.

Depending on the fault and your ability/preference ie you could have a disability such as being deaf, you can choose which to use. It would also depend on what the fault is as regards using the online fault reporting. Obviously if you can not get on line you can not use the Online fault reporting so you would/could use the Live Chat and if that is too busy you telephone Customer Services.

0 Ratings
winelight
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

OK so I did try telephoning customer service, and got an automated system that said I would get a call back within an hour.

Guess what.... go on...

(spoiler alert)

I didn't get a call back.

0 Ratings