cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Faulty smarthub 6? wired and WiFi problems

Go to solution

NLately I’m having problems with internet cconnections both wired and wireless. 

WiFi works intermittently, keeps dropping frequently and works one moment for some devices and not for others. Our WiFi devices work  one minute then drop out 

On top of that, and my main problem is the wired connection which is not longer working so I can’t access the subscribed paid for bt tv channels, apps and other devices. So we have telly and pc problems that need to be addressed as soon as  we have 2 tv’s and one pc that have wired connection which does not longer work.   wiring (all new CAT cables etc) are looking good  

I restarted the bt youview and smarthub etc, the light is blue but still have wired and WiFi problems

Could it be the smarthub 6 went faulty ? 

Tia 

Stas here:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ61934247

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

11-Apr-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 12 Minutes 16 Seconds

Data rate:

10.00 Mbps / 38.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

14635 / 37787

Noise margin:

10 dB / 2.9 dB

Line attenuation:

19.5 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

0 MB Uploaded / 3 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-3SF6

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-3SF6

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

90:4D:4A:08:7A:F3

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Faulty smarthub 6? wired and WiFi problems

Go to solution

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

If you line is fine, then it could be a faulty home hub.

Have you tried a factory reset?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

If you are still in a contract, you could ask for a replacement home hub?

If not, they try a different type of router, (£35-£40).

Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution
Hi
Thanks for your comments.
There is no noise on the line and I’ve tried a factory reset. I’m out of contract, maybe I buy another router but maybe I’ll look for another provider as this has happened on a few occasions and it was sorted somehow after a couple of hours . This time however the issue has been going on for days.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

@hellothere19 wrote:
Hi
Thanks for your comments.
There is no noise on the line and I’ve tried a factory reset. I’m out of contract, maybe I buy another router but maybe I’ll look for another provider as this has happened on a few occasions and it was sorted somehow after a couple of hours . This time however the issue has been going on for days.

Your connection time is very short, so something is causing the connection to drop, if there is no noise on the line, so it could be the home hub itself.

You could try a different router first, as its the cheapest option as you are not in a contract. Most ISP provided routers are not that good.

The TP-Link TD-W9970 is a popular choice, is very stable, and you can buy it locally as well. It can be used on any ISP should you decide to move. If it does not fix the issue, most places allow you to return or exchange it. but its useful as a spare.

More information on that router, is on my Forumhelp  website.

Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

I read about that TP link router, so might give it a try. I hope it’s not that hard to set up as I’m not really a hardware techie person. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

@hellothere19 wrote:

I read about that TP link router, so might give it a try. I hope it’s not that hard to set up as I’m not really a hardware techie person. 

Its very easy indeed, as you will see on my website. It has lots of extra features that are not present on the home hubs, you can even monitor it from another location if you wish.

If you need help, please ask, as I use one myself, and also keep an offline spare, so I can provide configurations if needed.

Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks, I keep this in mind !
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

I have created some default configuration files on my website, for anyone who has problems.

Look on the configuration notes menu.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
I've looked at the notes, but the configuration notes look pretty difficult for me tbh

So if I'm out of contract they won't send me a new smarthub?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

if you are no longer in a fixed term contract but on rolling monthly contract then the hub is your responsibility and BT will not replace it

if rolling monthly then you have lost all the discount you had and are now paying full monthly cost

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings