cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Feel my Internet wireless is being use by another person or persons

Hi I feel my bt Internet is being used by another person or person, how do I change my wireless code and master password in the bt black hub? Thanks Johnny
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Feel my Internet wireless is being use by another person or persons

Log onto to the BT Home hub and change your password. Why do you think someone is using your Internet?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

the hub comes with default wpa2 so unless you have given someone your passowrd or they have got it off your hub it is highly unlikely that someone has hacked into your wifi.  are you sure ity's not someone using btfon assuming you are opted in to BTFON?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

As stated, it's unlikely that someone has accessed your hub. But you can change the wireless key and the hub admin password by entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser, choosing Settings, and looking for the details you want to change.

While you're there you can also alter the SSID (the name broadcast by the hub) to anything you like. I've seen this recommended as an additional security measure, the theory being that a potential hacker would find it easier to access a router if they knew the manufacturer and type. That's probably a bit far-fetched but I changed my SSID to something silly just for fun.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings