cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wez1
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Fiber to the home

Fiber to the cabinet is just not expecteble any more we work from home and need more how can we get fiber to the home?and get booked to get this done!
BT needs to invest more.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Checked2013
Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Fiber to the home

Have you looked into getting a business line? As these can offer better speeds

0 Ratings
Wez1
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

I have but I have infinity 2 and only get 45 was told I'd get 75 I can't see how haveing a business line wod help only I'd have a engineer same day/next day if there is a problem copper just is not up to the job want fiber to the house any ideas how I can get this?
0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 4 of 11

By getting a business line you can go for a leased line which would give you the following

leased.jpg

0 Ratings
Wez1
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

That very expensive but ok, so my options are to put up with my infinity 2 what is as good at 1 or pay £239 pm what I'm guessing is fiber to the house.

Or go Virgin media or satellite
0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 6 of 11

basically yes. It just depends how much you want to invest I guess

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

@Wez1 wrote:
I have but I have infinity 2 and only get 45 was told I'd get 75

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

There may be an issue with your line or internal wiring, which is affecting your speed.

Which BT home hub do you have?

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 8 of 11

@Wez1

As Keith has said, if you can provide some stats for your line and the estimates provided by the BT Wholesale DSLChecker then the community can see if you can get some more out of your line.

As to the provision of a ultrafast service then there are a few options currently available from the Openreach Infrastructure.

BT Consumer do not currently offer any of the below suggestions (as these are likely to be provided by Business ISPs). BT Consumer do offer Native FTTP to those who are in an area that can get the service, although as you are in a FTTC area this is unlikely to be available to you.

1) You can get a Leased Line/Ethernet service from a Business ISP such as BT Business - https://business.bt.com/content/bt/business/en/products/broadband/bt-leased-lines.html

This is a dedicated 1:1 connection and not shared.

2) If FTTPoD (FTTP on Demand) is available to you, then there is at least 1 ISP at the moment that can offer you that service. Although this can occur £thousands in installation fees and a monthly service fee that may be in the £100s.

I do believe that after a period the service fee costs may go down.

Openreach is also investing in providing a "ultrafast" service though it's exiting FTTC infrastructure, for example the implementation of G.Fast. This is currently limited to a few places at the moment, however the rollout is aiming to make provide a ultrafast service to 10 million premises by 2020.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Wez1
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

I have the new smart hub

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 7 -- 4.5 to 11.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 5.5 -- 4 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings Availability Date
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

according to the checker results you have posted no fibre services are available to you also before considering satellite I suggest you research carefully many services are usage capped and from a quick check seem to offer lower speeds then you are currently getting typically around 22Mbos down 6Mbps up
0 Ratings