cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Fiber1 on BT Hub6 - Issue connecting to NHS VPN (Global Connect)

Go to solution

@licquorice thanks for not calling me a fool. 

All working a treat.

Time to check the VPN. 🤞

Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

I almost can't believe it as I just don't understand how it could have been causing the issue, swapping the router has resolved the problem 🥳

Thanks @licquorice @Keith_Beddoe @rbz5416 for you advice and support. 👍

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

@hcarpe1977 

I am pleased you have it sorted, you are not the first to have problem with VPNs on the home hub.

That router also has QOS controls, should you need to allocate a higher priority to some devices.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

Question now is whether the Smart Hub is faulty or has a generic issue. It might be worth trying to get your hands on a SH2 to test, bearing in mind that if you're moved to Digital Voice you will be forced to use one. Would give you time to plan & test options before potentially having to make a choice between a working VPN & a working landline!

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

As it happens, following my very frustrating call with BT 'support', I am expecting a new Hub6, so I'll be able to test and see if it was an issue specific to my Hub6.

I will let you know when that arrives and I've tested it.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

Bear in mind it will likely arrive with old firmware that will automatically update at some point. So if it works out of the box, don't be in too much of a hurry to return the the TP-Link until you've seen the firmware updated in the log.