cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre 150 slow wifi

I've just moved to BT after being with talktalk.

My WiFi devices speed with talktalk was always in the 40-50Mbps on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, and I was on their 67Mbps copper line.

Got new fibre line installed with smart hub 2 and my WiFi speed on 2.4Ghz devices is really slow. Get about 10-20Mbps. 5Ghz devices are showing 100-140Mbps which is great.

Is the 2.4Ghz on the smart hub 2 like this. My son's Xbox always ends up on the 2.4 and it is unplayable. It was always ok with talktalk.

Ideally I'd like to split the ssids but I know that can't be done. Any help appreciated

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre 150 slow wifi

did you turn off smart set up in hub manager

try changing the wifi channels from auto to a selected channel probably using a wifi analyser on phone to see which channels would be best

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Is the smart setup you refer to in the channel selection. I have switched it off smart to different channels using analiti as a guide to which channels are less congested. 

5Ghz is great but 2.4 is rubbish

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I have found the smart setup and turned it off.

I use a mobile and smart setup isnt listed when you go to hub settings. I used a laptop to turn it off. I will see how it goes

0 Ratings