cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom1234566
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Fibre Optic in my area?

I live in Shipton Bellinger (SP9) a little village at the edge of Hampshire. It is a highly military village and contains a lot of families who all need good usage of the internet. However the speeds we have are abysmal. At the best of times we struggle to have a 1mbps download speed and a 0.2mbps upload with pings so high it is ridiculous. Due to the high amount of families in this area, fast broadband is a must as what we get is barely enough to browse the web. There have been multiple petitions to bring either bt fibre or a fast internet speed into the village but nothing has been done as of yet. The 'BT fibre in your area' checker BT provide has said that we will get it in the next six months but it also said that 6 months ago. With this post I would like to make bt aware of this problem and I want to know if anyone has an idea how long we will have to wait until we get it? Thank you.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Fibre Optic in my area?

thuis is a customer help customer forum and your pots do not go to BT.   it is openreach not your ISP BT Retail who control the follout of fibre so apart from checking here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html and on BDUK there is no more up to date information available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 13

Hi Tom1234566,

Shipton Bellinger is served by the exchange TIDWORTH which is part of the GWB/Wiltshire Online BDUK fibre rollout programme. 

However the majority of properties in Shipton Bellinger are connected to Cabinet 4 on the TIDWORTH exchange which is actually in the Hampshire Superfast Broadband DBUK intervention zone.

You will be glad to know that Cab 4 is planned/in process of being installed and connected to a FTTC DSLAM cabinet which woud then enable FTTC fibre broadband.

According to Hampshire Superfast Broadband DBUK website it says 

"New equipment will be installed in your area between April 2015 and September 2015 - See more at: http://www.hampshiresuperfastbroadband.com/#sthash.3l1iAROh.dpuf"

Your best to keep an eye on roadworks on BULFORD RD as that is the planned location for cab 4's FTTC DSLAM cabinet and also keep in contact with Hampshire Superfast Broadband DBUK Team as they will be able to keep you upto date

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
CliveRM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Since this post in February, all of the Tidworth exchange which lies within Wiltshire has been connected, well done on that, however the rest of the exchange which lies in Hampshire, which is Shipton Bellinger seems to have been forgotten, i suspect that Wilts Broadband aren't intrrested and Hants Broadband are probably not even aware of our existance!! Can anyone please confirm what is really happening with regards to fibre in Shipton Bellinger? I am particularly iInterested becsuse i was sold BT TV on the promise that we would have Fibre by the end of December, this is now looking very unlikely, it seems I should have stayed with Sky, indeed if fibre isn't available as promised I will consider my contract broken and will return to Sky! I would prefer not to though!! Anyone tell me who can REALLY tell mevthe current situation here please??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results editing out your phone number

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

If you try this link to Openreach they may be able to help you further https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d
CliveRM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Image134.jpg

0 Ratings
CliveRM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Thanks John, I will do that!
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 13

As posted by @jac_95 earlier keep in contact with Hampshire Superfast Broadband DBUK Team as they will be able to keep you upto date.

0 Ratings
CliveRM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

I am not convinced that Hampshire CC are even aware of our existance, we are just a Hampshire village with a cabinet off an exchange in Wiktshire, I am convinced that we have already been put back into the next wave already, but yes I will keep checking on the HSB site for any info!!

0 Ratings