cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Fibre and BT

Hi Folks, looking for some advice.

As BT won't be installing fibre in my area anytime soon and the wifi is shockingly bad I've taken the plunge and signed up to gigaclear fibre. My question is; how do i connect the various devices so i get the best service from wifi, BT TV and freeview etc. I'm on Halo 2 atm with three wifi discs.

KR

Terry

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre and BT

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/what-do-i-need-to-get-bt-tv-#

To get BT TV you need to have BT BroadbandBT TV combines Freeview channels via your aerial, with premium channels and Video On Demand via your broadband connection. There's a minimum line speed for BT TV. ... This will affect which packages you can have with BT TV.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks V,

I should have mentioned I already have BT TV with BT Sport and broadband. I'm now adding a separate fibre provider and want to run everything as fast as possible.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

so you are keeping your existing bt broadband package and in addition paying for fibre from gigaclear

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

correct 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Unless I am missing something, nothing will change as far as your BT TV service is concerned, it will still be delivered by your existing broadband. The Gigaclear service will be entirely separate.

0 Ratings