cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hurleh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Fibre optic help

We have Fibre Optic Broadband, so normally when multiple devices etc are connected the connection is fine and is no problems but now when Im gaming and if anyone else is watching a video or anything on Wireless or Wired it gives me very bad connection drops and ping goes up n down which is never used to do I could be watching videos etc and play at the same time with out an issue which Fibre should do, but now I can't simple internet usage while I play causes bad lag/Ping spikes, why has this started happening?  

What is wrong? Ive tried changing routers, Resetting, Factory resets multiple times but it still happens. 

An engineer has been and said it is very odd changed the main BT socket, Line is ok, said he wouldnt charge us, BT charged us £300 and nothing made a difference at all..

Any help please nothing is helping ive tried a lot and have no idea what to do and dont want to send another engineer out just to get billed cause they dont seem to know what the problem is no one does. 

Anything is appreciated 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Fibre optic help

Which package are you on?

post router stats. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

any line noise. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

enter phone number and post results remember delete number. 

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
hurleh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Problem still ongoing, bought a Netgear xr300 router to see if it would change anything, allows me to sort bandwidth for devices I lowered the other wifi devices etc and it still lags when someone uses them or is on netflix while I use my console. It has to be a problem in the line or something, a few months ago they said it was ok but what else can it be? 

Who do I ask to get them to check the line or something for me? I dont want to be charged £300 again ... 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

It would help if you posted the information I requested  previously

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 13

Supply the info @imjolly has asked for. As you are now using a netgear router the connection info from there will do.

0 Ratings
hurleh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

I click the link and enter my number and the website doesnt work.

And what do you mean what package sorry, its a Fibre optic package? 

0 Ratings
albertj
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

The link should work, make sure there are no spaces in the number?

What fibre optic package?: I believe it's fibre to the cabinet since you're talking about the socket on the wall, but what speeds are you meant to be receiving? 38,52,60?

And like @imjolly says if you dial 17070 and press option 2 after the greeting it should be silent and best to do this with a corded phone.

And as the others say, it would be helpful to see the technical information from your router. Unsure how to do this on Netgear though, sorry
--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
0 Ratings
hurleh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Hi guys sorry for late reply thanks for the replies and help

I did the 17070 line test and it was quiet seemed ok.

Here are some stats of the router etc.

router test 1.pngRouter test 2.pngrouter test 3.pngrouter test 4.png

I was also doing some speed/ping tests and as I said originally My ping normally while there is nothing downloading or streaming is around 30 which is ok, But as soon as I test it while I am downloaded something or streaming something it shoots up to 70+ which it shouldnt since its fibre optic I really want this fixed soon just no idea what to do.

thanks for any replies 

0 Ratings
clonk
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Hi, @hurleh thanks for posting I'm sorry to see you're having problems when gaming and streaming at the same time.  I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to get this looked into.

0 Ratings