Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
matt_wood87
Message 1 of 5

Figuring out the telephone wiring in my 6 year old flat

Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I'll find the help I need here but i thought it might be worth trying!

I recently bought a flat that was built about 6 years ago. I've got FTTC broadband installed here, but unfortunately the router isnt really where i'd like it to be.

The Openreach master socket is wired up in the front room, but there are also two other points with telephone wiring, one in each bedroom, but neither have been wired up properly yet. I dont know how to do it, but would rather not pay Openreach £100+ for what should be a really simple job, so I was wondering if anyone could advise me how the wires need to be wired up to a socket in order to allow me to plug the router in in one of the bedrooms, rather than in the main room.

Here are the pictures of the wiring in each room:

Front Rooma.jpgThe working master socket in the front roomBedroom 2a.jpg2 wires in the wall in bedroom 2Bedroom 1a.jpgone wire in the wall in bedroom 1

Thanks in advance!

Matt

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Figuring out the telephone wiring in my 6 year old flat

Go to solution

wiring.gif

0 Ratings
matt_wood87
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

thanks for the reply Licquorice,

That diagram doesnt reflect my situation though. i have one extension socket that has two wires coming out of it, and one socket that has just one coming out of it.

wiring up a single extension to the single wire coming out of bedroom 1 should be straight forward enough, but what do i do in bedroom two?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I would have thought it shows your situation exactly. One cable incoming feed in current master needs to connect to A and B as currently, other cable going off to bed 2 needs to connect to 2&5 on frontplate. Both cables connect to 2&5 in bed 2 (one coming from master, one going to bed1) connect to 2&5 in bed 1

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

It looks like there are 2 pairs conencted to A&B which is not helping the broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.