cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Fixed IP address

My Smart Hub 2 seems determined to use fixed IPs, even though I am repeatedly selecting and saving NO.  What needs changing, either in SH2 or my two laptops?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fixed IP address

Update - the laptops are using DHCP, so this is a SH2 issue rather than laptop config.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

The hub will tend to allocate the same address to devices when renewing DHCP leases. Is there a particular reason you want the IP address to be different each time the lease renews?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

These laptops can also boot to Puppy Linux, requiring the hub to allocate an IP.  This frequently fails to connect but when it does it gets the same IP as it does when booted to Win 10 - not that surprising as the hub is seeing the same physical adapter but that adapter is now using a different driver.  I can't be sure it's the IP that is behind so many connection failures but want it to get a new IP to find out..

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

As the IP address is allocated by DHCP, I can't see how it can make any difference if it changes from one address to another.

You could always give the latops static IP addresses and not rely on the hub DHCP server at all.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I think the prime suspect has to be the Puppy driver but I will give your suggestion a try.  Thanks.

0 Ratings